The Ghana Cocoa Board (Cocobod) and the Ghana Tourism Authority (GTA) have launched the 2022 National Chocolate Week to have a good time and promote the consumption of chocolate made in Ghana.
The occasion, which begins from twelfth to twenty second February, 2022, beneath the theme: ‘Eat Chocolate, Stay Healthy, Grow Ghana’, and sub-themed ‘Our Chocolate, Our Health, Our Wealth’, is a part of efforts to advertise the home consumption of Ghana chocolate and different cocoa-based merchandise.
Information Minister, Kojo Oppong Nkrumah, who carried out the official launch of the initiative, charged Ghanaians to take enormous benefit of the celebrations whereas serving to promote native consumption of sweets and different cocoa based-products.
The actions had been outdoored at a ceremony in Mampong on Thursday February 3, 2022.
The ceremony was attended by Deputy Tourism Minister, Mark Okraku Mantey, Deputy Trade Minister, Herbert Krapa, Board Chairman of Cocobod, Mr. Peter MacManu and the Executive Director of the GTA, Mr. Akwasi Agyeman.
Major actions for the National Chocolate Week Celebration embrace:
• Cocoa Health Walk on the Aburi Mountains on Saturday fifth February, 2022.
• Donation of Cocoa merchandise to the Chief Imam on Friday, eleventh February on the National Mosque, in addition to some Churches equivalent to Methodist, Presbyterian, Catholic on Sunday, thirteenth February, 2022. These two occasions will even be carried out by GTA Regional employees of their respective areas throughout the Country.
• A float with the Double-decker City tour coach (Auntie Dedei) by some principal streets in Accra to sensitize the general public on the well being and financial advantages of chocolate and different cocoa-based merchandise, and in addition the necessity to embark on home tourism on Monday, 14th February, 2022.
• Chocolate Day on the Dubai Expo on Monday, 14th February, 2022.
• Durbar and Exhibition of Chocolate and cocoa primarily based merchandise on the Chococity, Tetteh Quarshie Roundabout close to the Accra Mall on Monday, 14th February, 2022.
• Premiering on the SilverBird Cinemas of a Ghanaian film, “Heroes of Africa, Tetteh Quarshie”
• Chocolate Expo at Kempinski Gold Coast City Hotel in Accra on Tuesday, twenty second February, 2022.
Also, two Chocolate Cities have been arrange at Tetteh Quarshie roundabout in Accra and Rattray Park in Kumasi to deliver all chocolateurs and processors collectively to showcase their chocolate and cocoa merchandise.